Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Coraline

I hope the art of stop-motion animation stays alive for awhile more; it creates a unique look on stage that simply is not achieved by any other current technology. Tim Burton’s visually exiting The Corpse Bride was a great leap forward for the genre; and the always entertaining adventures of Wallace and Gromit simply wouldn’t be itself without stop-animation.

The next major stop-animation production coming out is Coraline, a movie based on the novella by Neil Gaiman. It is a ‘through the looking glass’ type story, as I understand it, with an intelligent female lead.

I just hope the movie is able to follow in the footsteps of its impressive poster.

(Please excuse me these light posts of late, but the political season has burned me out, I just want a break from it all for a time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment