Wednesday, November 5, 2008

DOLLHOUSE

I liked Joss Whedon’s Firefly, and to a much lesser extent his Buffy and Angel series. He seems to have a knack for creating interesting characters that interact in a kind of extended dysfunctional family. Well now he is starting up a whole new series called Dollhouse; check it out:



My Own Worst Enemy is a show that has a (completely contrived) identity crisis built into it; it is also horribly disappointing and convoluted. Identity is one of the most interesting things about us; what makes me, me? How much can you change a person before they become someone else? Where does responsibility (and free-will) lie in this scenario?

There is some great ground Whedon can cover. I hope he is able to bring it all together in an entertaining and thought-provoking way (unlike My Own Worst Enemy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment